An equitable and just world.
Empower economically and politically marginalized people in rural Honduras to create stronger, more resilient, and self-sufficient communities.
Effective community development is both an inward and an outward journey. Inwardly the spirit must change to the belief that "I am somebody;" as outwardly the belief becomes "together, anything is possible.” Our volunteers work side by side with locals in Honduras and experience firsthand the visible change in the smiles, growing confidence and positive attitude blossoming in the women, children, and farmers of the areas we serve. As Honduran communities are transformed, so too are our volunteers who witness and participate in this work, and in turn, share their deeper understanding of the developing world with their own communities and families.
- Involving the community to prioritize their needs for assistance
- Demonstrating commitment through long-term partnerships that help facilitate lasting hope and possibility
- Working deeply with a limited number of communities across a wide spectrum of challenges to help turn the tide of poverty and injustice
- Nurturing a sense of shared responsibility for the greater well-being of the community
- Fostering self-sufficiency